The Times, They Are A-Changing
Times are changing, and so is marketing. The social web is much more than people spending large amounts of time on Facebook or Twitter; it showcases communities of people with strong opinions and fierce loyalties. The social web represents a democratic ethos that demands a marketing approach of humility, persona, and confidence. In this context, organizations that ignore their audience’s praise or criticism will lose those audiences to organizations who are willing to respond. Creating a sense of authenticity and trust is more urgent than ever, but creating that sense is impossible without self-understanding. Today, trust is created when people perceive that their needs are being responded to.
We Want You to Succeed
We want you to succeed in this emerging environment. To do so, we believe you must go through a branding process, because it helps you discover who you are and how to communicate that to real people. Without a clear sense of identity and clear understanding of your audience, you will not inspire trust. And trust is everything. We believe that this process is much more fruitful when overseen by a professional consultant, and we encourage you to consider hiring one (like us!) to walk you through this process.
The (re)Branding Process
8 Steps to Creating a Consistent Brand Image
- Find your unique value: this is what your brand really is at its most basic level. Identifying the one thing that separates you from your market and making that your primary identity is one the most important things any organization can do.
- Assess your core audience: Knowing and understanding your audience should be a natural conclusion of your unique value, because your uniqueness lies in meeting need nobody else can meet (at least, not the way you do!). Considering the people your brand will be built on is essential before creating your logo, message, website, and everything else.
- Craft the core message: Keeping your audience in mind, we help you create (or recreate) a core message, one that says who you are and what you need you meet. For example, ours is branding you for the social web… these six words are meant to describe who we are and what need we meet.
- Use the right voice: A voice is the tone you use in speaking to different people. Like most organizations, you probably have a few different types of “customers”. We make sure you are using the right voice to reach each of them. This can be a challenging process but also extremely rewarding and fun.
- Eliminate the unnecessary: we then go through the “pruning” process of trimming unnecessary ventures and messages to establish which ones should receive the most resources. It is usually one simple idea that makes the connection with people, and clutter can confuse your audience.
- Make a plan: Take what survived the cutting room, and create a strategy to create the right impression on your audience. It is always creative ideas that stick with people; at Wordfresh, we love to help create unique campaigns that communicate who you are in ways that people will remember.
- Implement it: Steps 1 through 6 are the thinking part. This is the doing part, and we can help you with this part, too. We are available to create visually creative campaigns across print and web that create buzz around your brand. However, we are just as thrilled when you have the resources in house, and we can help guide the creative process.
- Measure the impact: Theoretically, Steps 1-7 should make a big impact if done well, but you will never know if you do not set up measurement tools. We make sure that you are set up to measure the effectiveness of your strategy, because organizations that succeed long term are always fine tuning their voice, adjusting their visual identity, and finding better ways to connect with their audience.
Start the process
email@example.com | 585-414-4272
Wherever your brand is, we are willing to guide the process of shaping or redefining your brand’s identity. We believe this process can have a drastic effect on the future direction and success of your endeavors.